WORKING AT ELH
English Language House is always happy to hear from qualified teachers as well as office, marketing and admin. staff who are interested in working with us. Please note that staff who work with Under 18s at ELH are DBS checked and we will need to request references from two people who can provide details of your suitability to work in the post you are applying for.
You can see details of English Language House here.
TEACHING AT ELH
If you are applying for a teaching position you will be asked to teach a demo lesson prior to interview. The demo lesson will be between 40-50 mins and may be face2face at ELH or live online via Zoom. The lesson will be observed by one of our senior teachers or teacher trainers.
Interviews will be arranged with suitable candidates following their demo lesson.
You will be given information about the class and students you will teach and will have time to prepare for your lesson in advance.
We are happy to consider candidates who could fill any of the following posts:
- Part time teacher of English to international students ( CELTA or Delta qualified or equivalent)
- Admin. intern.
- Admin. volunteer.
- Volunteer Social programme co-ordinator
- Accommodation officer
- Marketing and advertising volunteer
- Exam invigilators. Previous experience desirable.
- Agent for student recruitment
- Foreign language teachers ( French, Italian German, Greek, Arabic, Mandarin, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian). Must be native speakers and be qualified to teach in their countries.
- GCSE and A'level teachers of Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, History, Art, Drama and Music. Must be educated to Degree level and have previous experience teaching the subject to candidates who have successfully passed the exam. PGCE desirable but not essential.
If you would like to work with ELH but would like to ask some questions before you apply let us know.