About English Language House - Our Story
How it all started:
English Language House was set up in 1998 by Tatiana, an EFL teacher and Cambridge examiner who moved to Milton Keynes with her family in 1989.
Tatiana had worked for the British Council abroad as an EFL teacher and Cambridge examiner for the FCE, CAE, CPE and IELTS exams. She also worked for Bell English in the UK and for private language schools abroad. When she moved to Milton Keynes with her husband and very young children there was not much EFL work available in the city. She briefly worked for Milton Keynes College and then for Thornton College. In 1998 she hired a room for a few hours each week at the Church of Christ the Cornerstone and she and started running EFL classes for international students.
The classes soon became very popular.
Satisfied students told their friends and soon the school started to grow. In just one year the number of students had increased and more teachers had to be
HOW WE HAVE GROWN SINCE 1998
- We are an English language tuition and training centre which specialises in teaching English to international students.
- We are an Open Examination Centre for the Cambridge Assessment English exams.
- We are a teacher training centre for the Cambridge English CELTA and Delta courses
- We have British Council Accreditation which means that our courses are checked so that international students who want to study here can be confident about the quality of the lessons and the level of care and support we will offer them.
- We are members of English UK
- We sponsor students who need a student visitor visa of up to 11 months to come to study English in the UK.
- We are an official preparation centre for the PET, KET, FCE, CAE, CPE and young learner Cambridge Assessment English exams
- We are an official preparation centre for the Trinity SELT exams
- We offer a range of Live Online English lessons and E-learning courses to students who would like to study with us from all over the world.
WHO STUDIES AT ELH
- Individual Students
- Student groups
- Embassy Students
- Students from companies
- Students from schools
- Students via agents
WHO INSPECTS AND CHECKS THE QUALITY OF OUR COURSES
- The British Council
- Cambridge English
WHAT MEMBERSHIPS DO WE HAVE
- English UK
- ISA associated member
WHAT ELSE CAN WE OFFER
- Cambridge Assessment Englsh exams for international students offered at our Open Examination Centre
- CELTA and Delta teacher training centre
- Cambridge English exam preparation centre
- SELTS Trinity preparation centre