HOW TO BECOME AN ELH HOMESTAY PROVIDER
- Do you live in Milton Keynes?
- Do you have a nice, clean house with a spare room or two?
- Do you like meeting people from all over the world?
- Would you like to host very nice foreign students from very nice families abroad?
- Would you like to be able to choose when and for how long you host each time?
- Then let us know.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you are interested in becoming a homestay provider you:
- should complete the Homestay Provider Application Form so that we can process your application.
- our accommodation officer will contact you to arrange an initial meeting and discuss the requirements and remuneration in more details.
- sign the homestay agreement and
- start hosting Elh students who choose to stay in your home.
ABOUT HOMESTAY PROVISION:
Homestay provision is mostly offered to adult students. However sometimes it may also be available to students who are under 18 years old if the student's parents request this. Because we may sometimes provide homestay to students who are under 18 we ask our homestay providers for an enhanced DBS check. If you do not want to undergo an enhanced DBS you will need to tell us in your application form.
Homestay provision is available to Elh students while they are studying at English Language House. Homestay for students is provided with an English speaking family who can provide:
- a clean and tidy home in or near Milton Keynes
- a single study bedroom with a bed, a wardrobe, a chair, a desk, natural light and heating
- use of common areas such as the sitting room, kitchen, dining room, garden etc
- change of bed linen and light laundry each week
- breakfast and dinner with family members and 3 meals at weekends