THE ELH STORY
How it all started:
English Language House was set up in 1998 by Tatiana, an EFL teacher and Cambridge examiner who moved to Milton Keynes with her family in 1989.
Tatiana had worked for the British Council abroad as an EFL teacher and Cambridge examiner for the FCE, CAE, CPE and IELTS exams. She also worked for Bell English in the UK and for private language schools abroad. When she moved to Milton Keynes with her husband and very young children there was not much EFL work available in the city. She briefly worked for Milton Keynes College and then for Thornton College. In 1998 she hired a room for a few hours each week at the Church of Christ the Cornerstone and started running EFL classes for international students.
The classes soon became very popular.
Satisfied students told their friends and soon the school started to grow. In just one year the number of students had increased and Tatiana had to find more quality teachers to join her.
ELH students and staff enjoying a coffee break
HOW WE HAVE GROWN SINCE 1998
- English Language House was set up to teach English to international students.
- We gained British Council Accreditation and still hold Accreditation UK which is a quality assurance scheme for UK. providers of courses in English as a foreign language (EFL). This means that our courses are checked so that international students who want to study here can be confident about the quality of the lessons and the level of care and support we will offer them.
- We became members of English UK, which is the national association of English language centres in the UK.
- We can issue visa support documents to students who need a student visitor visa study English in the UK for up to 11 months.
- We are an official preparation centre for the PET, KET, FCE, CAE, CPE and for the young learner Cambridge Assessment English exams.
- We are an official preparation centre for the Trinity SELT exams.
- We offer a range of Live Online English lessons and E-learning courses to students who would like to study with us from all over the world.
- We set up the ELH Open Examination Centre which runs the Cambridge Assessment English exams for international students.
- We set up the Elh teacher training centre which offers teacher training courses which lead to the Cambridge English CELTA and Delta qualifications and additional development courses for teachers all over the world.
WHO STUDIES AT ELH
- Individual Students
- Student groups
- Embassy Students
- Corporate clients